Quad Screamer Overdrive Pedal
The Quad Screamer offers four carefully chosen clipping sections which can be used by themselves or combined to blend characteristics whilst increasing headroom for a total of fifteen combinations.
- SI : Symmetric Silicon. The classic 'screamer sound.
- LED : Symmetric red LED's. A bigger, slightly warmer, more open sound.
- MOS : Asymmetric MOSFET. A tighter, more aggressive sound with rich harmonics.
- GE : Asymetric Germanium. Specially selected NOS russian diodes have a cleaner, smoother sound with a touch of bite.
Each diode option engages our own custom circuitry that compensates levels without altering tone. No more quiet Germanium or loud LED's, they're all all closely matched in volume. When blended the overall headroom and level is increased however, ideal for overloading your amp should you wish.
This discount price is for is for PRE-ORDERS only. Regular price will be £149. We will begin to ship orders on
31st MAY 2021 7th June (I want to do just one more prototype, get it perfect...). All orders guaranteed and protected by PayPal.
- Concept - Completed
- Initial enclosure design - Completed
- Breadboard prototype - Completed
- Tone check - Completed
- PCB prototype 1 - Completed 30th April (some noise, very loud, too bright)
- PCB prototype 2 - Completed 7th May (zero noise, slightly too warm)
- Enclosure finalisation - Completed 7th May
- PCB prototype 3 - Have extended timeline by 1 week so I can tweak warmth...
- PCB finalisation - 14th May
- All early supporter promotions end - 17th May
- Final components ordered - 18th May
- Builds begin - 31st May
- Begin shipping orders - 7th June
- [DG] - 24th April
- [BB] - 27th April
- [AH] - 6th May
The Quad Screamer is our first pedal to use our new Trapezoid enclosures with jacks on the back.
This design ensures you can fit our pedals tidily on regular or curved pedlaboards whilst minimising space usage and yet leaving us plenty of room for controls at the top.
Internal comonents are chosen to provide you with the absolute best in long-term reliability and versatility:
- ALPS switches : Best in the business for long life and reliability.
- Cliff jacks : Made in UK with thicker nickel coating for long life and great tone transfer.
- Alpha footswitches : Reliable switches with a sensitive click.
- Alpha pots : Metal shaft, smooth rotation and the current go-to standard in boutique pedals.